Afro-Harping - Dorothy Ashby - Afro-Harping (Cassette)
Label: Cadet Records - CHC-91555 • Format: Cassette Reissue • Country: US • Genre: Jazz • Style: Soul-Jazz, Jazz-Funk
· Afro-Harping. The best and most complete album done by jazz harpist (a rare style) Dorothy Ashby. She didn't approach her instrument as if it were a gimmick, and she wasn't content to be a background/mood specialist. She turned the harp into a lead instrument, and offered solos that were as tough and memorable as those done by any reed, brass /10(62).
· Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Dorothy Ashby - Afro-Harping at Discogs. Complete your Dorothy Ashby collection/5().
· Afro-harping. Publication date. Topics. harp lounge Dorothy ashby afro jazz beat. Afro-Harping is an album by jazz harpist Dorothy Ashby recorded in and released on the Cadet label. Interaction Count:
Afro-Harping Dorothy Ashby Format: Audio CD. out of 5 stars 61 ratings. See all 7 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions. Listen Now with Amazon Music: Afro-Harping "Please retry" I only found out about Dorothy Ashby in the last month through YouTube. How I have become a fan of jazz music for 30+ years and not heard of /5(61).
· Ashby had to overcome many obstacles during the pursuit of her career. As an African American female musician in a male dominated industry, she was at a disadvantage. In a interview with W. Royal Stokes for his book Living the Jazz Life, she remarked of her career, “It’s been maybe a triple burden in that not a lot of women are becoming known as jazz players.
- Prestissimo E Molto Preciso (Mode Ancien) (1st Movement - For Left Hand Only) - S.C. Eckhardt-Gramat