· Pripyat, the town forged next to the nuclear plant, was meant to be a model nuclear city, a testament to Soviet strength and ingenuity. Now it's known only as the Chernobyl exclusion zone, forcibly devoid of humans and since retaken by animals and nature : All That's Interesting.
· Tens of thousands were evacuated from the neighbouring city of Pripyat following the Chernobyl nuclear disaster in Lynn Hilton visits the deserted city – and finds homes, schools and a.
· After the April Chernobyl Disaster, all 50, people living in the nearby town of Pripyat were evacuated. Now, 33 years later, does anyone live in Chernobyl? Can anyone visit?Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins.
· The abandoned city of Pripyat, near the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. Image: REUTERS/Gleb Garanich Opposite the old nuclear site, a new Estimated Reading Time: 5 mins.
· The city of Pripyat stood in the front line of that disaster—just a couple of miles from the ill-fated plant—and now, in the 33 years since the last human resident left, nature has reclaimed it.
- Opening Medley: Daybreak/Somewhere In The Night/Looks Like We Made It - Barry Manilow With The Royal